Saturday 29 September 2007

My Brightest Diamond @ Paradiso 03 Oct




2007 will always be My Brightest Diamond year , the why requires a longer reflexion about everything i discovered about Shara Worden.
In the beginning of the year i was zapping thru one of my favorite blogs , Music is Art , Daniella was posting about her favorite records of 2006 , there was Bring me the workhorse , i had heard the name before but never catch my attention , after listening for the first time Dragonfly , it was like my own pandora box opening , it sounded like Cocteau Twins but more sophisticated , more everything , that voice amazing .
My curiosity was starving for more , start reading reviews and downloaded a few more mp3 , it was shocking , a few days later bought the album and from that day on Shara is a part of my live and entered the gallery of my forever favorites personalities and albums.
Even more than just the album , i was completely impresses with all the videos i found , that girl , sings Opera , rides on rollerblades , plays with string quartets and as as a thing about wonder women.
Then came the album remixes and some incredible talented people put on some even more amazing videos.
I was living with my old flat mate Scotty and i told him often what i was experiencing with that record , love , i was feeling love every time i listened to shara singing , its easy to understand now why , its her , all the love she puts on her songs , the stories behind the songs and about her live.
I was not the only one , read a few bloggers complaining about the same Wordian rare disease , love and obsession were the most common words.
I always listen to the things i really like in a very intense way and drown easily in an imaginary world tracking down and understanding everything about the records.
for all this , next week will be a very emotional week , for the first time going to watch My Brightest Diamond live im going to sing , dance and shout all my favorite songs from bring me the workhorse.
A few weeks later decided to make a myspace for shara and deposit all the information i found about her , the Nina Simone passion , the Van Gogh letters and much more .
So , if u dont have any plans for next week and u are in Amsterdam , Rotterdam or Utrecht , dont miss My Brightest Diamond.
If not , there are plenty of other places to see her.

someone wrote this
As Shara approached me in the front of the store, I was reminded once again of how beautiful the petite, smiling woman was in person with her porcelain skin and big, bright, playful eyes. A smile stretched across her face as she introduced herself and explained what she was doing in the store. Read more

Mp3 | My Brightest Diamond - The Robin Jar's
Mp3 | My Brightest Diamond - Golden Star - Planet Claire jun 06
Mp3 | My Brightest Diamond - lucky - Radiohead cover


Video | Magic Rabbit
Remix by Alfred Brown
Directed Murat Eyuboglu

Video | Something of an End @ Northsix
Video | Shara sings Youkalli (Kurt Weill)
Video | Shara sings Golden Star @ Wordsmiths


Visit

My Brigthest Diamond
Myspace

Label | asthmatickitty

Music is Art
Shara Worden Tribute Page


Sep 28 2007 8:00P
Trix Antwerpen
Sep 29 2007 11:45P
Knust (Reeperbahn Festival) Hamburg
Sep 30 2007 8:00P
Lido Berlin
Oct 1 2007 8:00P
Manufaktor Schorndorf
Oct 2 2007 8:00P
Maroquinerie Paris
Oct 3 2007 8:00P
Paradiso Amsterdam
Oct 4 2007 8:00P
Rotown Rotterdam
Oct 5 2007 8:00P
Tivoli De Helling **VENUE CHANGE** Urtecht
Nov 8 2007 10:30P
Le National Montreal, Quebec
Nov 9 2007 9:45P
The Drake Toronto, Ontario
Nov 10 2007 9:00P
Ladies Literary Club Grand Rapids, Michigan
Nov 11 2007 10:00P
Lakeshore Theater Chicago, Illinois
Nov 12 2007 9:00P
The 930 Listening Room Louisville, Kentucky
Nov 13 2007 9:45P
Wexner Center (Ohio State University) Columbus, Ohio
Nov 14 2007 9:00P
Andy Warhol Museum Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nov 15 2007 11:45P
North Star Bar Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nov 16 2007 10:30P
Iota Arlington, Virginia
Nov 17 2007 10:00P
Blender Theatre at Gramercy New York, New York
Nov 18 2007 8:30P
Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Massachusetts
Nov 19 2007 9:30P
The Space Hamden, Connecticut